A community dedicated to making disciples of Christ for the transformation of the world.
May 17, 2020 SERVICE
Guidelines for in-person worship at Auburn First UMC
1) If you are sick, vulnerable at-risk, or cannot leave your residence for any reason,
we encourage you to stay at home.
2) We encourage you to wear cloth masks and disposable gloves.
If you also have personal hand sanitizer, please bring it for yourself.
Bottles of hand sanitizer will be provided at church; however, there will not be enough for all who attend.
3) When you come to church on Sunday please enter through the south door of the Church only.
4) We encourage you to greet your friends by smiling, waving, etc. to avoid touching.
5) We will mark places for you to sit on each pew with tape or another clear indicator that are six feet apart. Please sit where it is marked to continue social distancing. Family units may sit together in a designated area.
6) Instead of passing the offering plates from one person to another, we will put the offering plate near the entrance of sanctuary. You may drop off your offering on your way into the sanctuary or as you are leaving.
7) We will remove all items including hymnals, Bibles, paper, pencils and so on from the pews. We recommend you view the screen as you worship.
However, bulletins will still be provided. Those will be in the pews.
We encourage you to wear gloves and throw it away as you leave the sanctuary.
8) We encourage you to exit our church building directly from the Sanctuary, allowing for 10 seconds between people. Family groups can exit together.
The Ushers may help to dismiss individual rows.
9) The pastor’s sermon will be provided to those who cannot attend through a Sermon video or voice recording.